Friday, October 14, 2005


This is our cat Queen
Celeste, more usually
called "Kitty", the
name to which she
responds. When I
found her in Chilliwack,
I thought she was our
first cat "Tang", an in-
door cat who had got
out and not been able
to find her way home.
Tang was what I call
a "piss-artist" because


when she got cross with us she would pee all over the place. I had to throw
out a chair, a quilt and several pillow because I could not get the smell out
of them. And she was not even all that friendly. She would not sit on our
laps, and would only come if you had food for her. But she was Sue's cat
and Sue loved her; and she was very pritty, with her one blue eye and one
green eye, and white all over. We had moved to Burnaby, and I was working
in Chilliwack. On the way to my car I heard this pathetic "meowing", and saw
this emaciated white cat in the middle of the road looking at me. Thinking
it was Tang, and armed with mycar blanket, I lured her closer and
grabbed her. She yeowled and carried on, so driving with one hand I
headed for the local vet to borrow a cat carrier as I had a long drive home
on the highway. While I was there I had her checked out, and all the while
she was rubbing up against me. The vet commented, "Wow, she sure is
bonding with you!" During the hour long drive home she scratched and
meowed and I was thinking to myself: "Why on earth are you taking this
horrid little creature home with you, you were well rid of her.?" But of
course I knew the answer. Things had been very difficult for Susan after
my divorce, and I knew she would be thrilled to see Tang again. When
I got home Susan took one look at her and exclaimed: "Mum! that is not
Tang." I said, "Yes, look at the eyes!" "No", Susan said: "Tang had a
very bushy tail, and her right eye was blue, and the left green - this cat's
eyes are the other way around." I had to go and get a photo of Tang, and
sure enough, Susan was right! So who was this stranger that I had I
inadvertently "kidnapped"? Well, I'll tell you, this little creature was a
Gift from God. Just what Susan needed to get her out of the unhappy
state she was in, having just moved to a new school and having to make
new friends. All night long our new "house guest" rubbed against our
legs, jumped on our laps, and followed us from room to room - she was,
and still is, the exact opposite of Tang. Kitty loves everybody! When
visitors come, she flops down at their feet, rolls over on her back and
waits for them to rub her tummy. As soon as someone sits down, she
hops up on their lap, without having to be coaxed. And when I go to bed
at night she sleeps right by the front door in the hallway (just like a
guard dog) because she is not allowed in my bedroom, as she keeps me
awake at night with all her purring and kneading. She is just the best
cat anyone could ask for!

17 comments:

Lady Base Camp said...

OH THAT IS the BEST cat story!!!! What a great cat! The pissing was probably due to insecurity and need to mark territory. My daughter got a cat from the rescue shelter and the cat was SO DEPRESSED and relieved when we took him out of there.

dragonflyfilly said...

hey, LADY BASE CAMP...hope you are well and happy...actually, what i did not say in the story (i did edit a bit as it was a bit long), when Tang was a kitten, Susan was sewing and left a needle with a thread lying around. kitten Tang swallowed the needle, probably as she played with the thread, and it penetrated the roof of her mouth...maybe it penetrated a part of her brain and damaged her, as she was actually peeing all over the house we moved from BEFORE i divorced my ex. But you are right, she was insecure, and of course, so were Sue and I a couple of years following our move.

Kitty says "HI"

nighty night!
pj

soft_rain said...

A good way for all of us not to loose contact is to leave a post at all the ladies blogs.....If Richard's blog shuts down, so does our means of conection.....

soft_rain said...

Your cat story is too funny!!

She is a looker!!!

dragonflyfilly said...

hi SOFT _RAIN, thanks for dropping by...oh that reminds me, i have to do my other cat story, but i am kind of busy right now...
Halloween is always a very busy season for me, no, just kidding...
pj

soft_rain said...

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1642/1288/400/frog.gif

This is the URL of the frog...

I found it on the net and right clicked (SAVE PICTURE AS)

Have fun with it......

soft_rain said...

Americans: "Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision."

Canadians: "Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision."

Americans: "This is the captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course."

Canadians: "No, I say again, you divert YOUR course."

Americans: "THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH. THAT'S ONE-FIVE DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTER MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP."

Canadians: "This is a lighthouse. Your call."

heiresschild said...

hi pj, i'm not a cat lover, but i loved that story. i thought it was really interesting that both of the cats had the same color eyes, even though they were opposite on each cat. i'm glad your new cat brought back some joy and happiness to your daughter.

since you have an extra copy of "spirit cloud," i would like to have one for me. that is such a generous offer, and i appreciate it so much. i'm going to frame it and hang it on my wall.

you are so sweet, and have such a good sense of humor. i love your new posted picture. thanks for sharing your time away with me.

sylvia

heiresschild said...

i forgot, i did get my "butler."

Lady Base Camp said...

your comments are never offensive! you are a sweet person, I am sure. I'm just keeping the first post clear.

dragonflyfilly said...

Hey LBC,Okey dokey, gotcha, just could not remember what i had said, but when i have my dander up i tend to be a bit cryptic, and with "tone of voice" people could get the wrong idea..

hey desertflowers: Boo bees, love it!
heard it before, but forgot it. that is one thing about me, old jokes are never wasted because i usually have forgotten them!! lol

must ------ (i.e. "dash"

Leslie: said...

Well well well missy If all you have in your life is reading stupid jokes and insulting people for saying it like it is, go for it. I almost told YOU on SB site to take that disgusting photo of yourself off. How crude to post a photo of yourself with balloons for boobs. It shows just how classy you are!

Thanks for your comments, but you can put them where the moon don't shine. I'll be putting this on your site, too.

Cheers to YOU!

dragonflyfilly said...

THIS IS FOR YOU leslie, IF YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO VISIT MY SITE AGAIN, Leslie:
re: your post of 4:55:13, WOW, where did all that venom come from, it is entirely out of proportion to my comment to you, which i see you have chosen to erase, which went something like this:

"Lesley, if you really feel the need to reprimand soft_rain for her jokes, you should do it on her blog and not in the very public forum of the SB blog." and THAT is what you call insulting? i also said that if you don't like the jokes you don't have to read them, and that some of us do - so just lighten up;

Actually, nothing i said was offensive, but maybe you were embarrased about speaking before thinking. Your comment about putting my comments where the "the moon don't shine" is WAY out of proportion, and i'm leaving it up until you feel like offering me an apology, and like i said, i shall not visit your site again - i have no intention of "being in the company of" people who verbally abuse me.

soft_rain said...

Sweet Filly,

I have brought you some flee powder

to dust your blog with , seems that

you have been infested by a Queen

blood sucking flea....



With Love Your friend Bubble gum xx

dragonflyfilly said...

Hey SOFT_RAIN, EASYREADER,

Thanks for dropping by, I have left replies on your blogs,

cheers,
pj

Mr. Death said...

I've never seen a cat with two different colour eyes...
Lance has a kitten named "Mittens", because he liked the name. It's really sweet, but when I bend down to pet it, it runs to a safe distance and peers out from behind a box or something, watching me.
JV
<3

dragonflyfilly said...

Hi JV, thanks for stopping by - i'm gonna scan photos of both Tang and Kitty, and post them side by side so you can see the interesting difference. It is common for Domestic Whites to have this trait. I will let you know when the new photos are up and running.

Mittens is a sweet name for a kitty. Sometimes kittens are naturally cautious (survival instinct), altho' i'm no expert on cats you could try just lying down quietly on the floor, put some catnip or nice smelling kitty treats next to you, and perhaps Mittens will be brave enough to come and check you out. Just keep doing this until she/he (?) knows that you are safe to get close to.
Let me know what happens.

Well, i just have to FORCE myself to go out to the shops now, need a picture frame for a gift for friend's going away present. Ugh, i intensely dislike shopping!!@#$#@###$
cheers,
pj

c.c. Mr. Death