Saturday, December 22, 2007

Merry Christmas All


I awoke this morning (6:30 a.m) to the muffled sound of tires on a slushy road, and I thought: "Ah hah, it IS snowing". It was very cold yesterday and I was saying to random strangers: "Brrrr, it feels like snow"... So I got out of bed and drew back the curtains, and sure enough, the ground and trees and house tops are covered in the proverbial blanket of white.....so Merry Christmas everyone, I guess I will be taking a slow walk to the Mall today to pick up that last box of Purdy's Chocolates (why do I always leave the box of chocolate covered cinger for my mom 'til the last minute?)

Now, my absolute favourite things about Christmas are the Lights, and Christmas Carols...what are your's?...so, as mon Kapitano would say - "over to you".


9 comments:

dragonflyfilly said...

that should be "ginger" not cinger...too lazy to go "home" to edit this.

since I started "blogging" at 7:00 this a.m. about an inch or so more of snow has fallen, soooo, i shall not be taking Honda out on the road today (she is low-slung and all that snow is not good for the muffler, dontcha know...)

heiresschild said...

hi PJ, i was just thinking about you this morning when i woke up and was coming here to say hi and see how you're doing, then you left comments on my blog.

i know the snow is so beautiful there. we had a bit a couple of weeks ago, and i'm looking forward to the next snowfall, so long as it's after new years.

i want to wish you and your family a safe and blessed holiday season. HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

love & hugs,
sylvia

Lee said...

The grumpy old cynic in me says that my favourite part of Christmas is knowing that it will be over soon.

The warmer, fuzzier, part of me says the favourite bit is the carols. Not for any intrinsic religious content, just the syrupy comfort of tradition!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Yes, I suppose I do say 'over to you'!

Getting up Christmas morning, knowing it's finally time is always exciting. So is Christmas Eve, knowing everything is done, and we can just sit back.

Viamarie said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May our world this coming year, and all the years to come, be blessed with peace, love, joy and bountiful blessings.

Lee said...

I hope that your Christmas was/is a happy one and that 2008 brings you much joy and many adventures.

Lee.

heiresschild said...

hi PJ,

I PRAY ALL OF GOD'S BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN THE COMING 2008 NEW YEAR. MAY YOU CONTINUE TO GROW IN HIS LOVE AND GRACE, AND BE BLESSED WITH ALL OF THE ABUNDANCE THAT HE HAS FOR YOU!

alan said...

Sorry to have been aloft this past while; the holiday balloon carried me away, but I did manage to find my way back to Oz!

My favorite part of course, is watching the grandkids open things they never expected...

My favorite gifts are friends like you!

alan

dragonflyfilly said...

you are so sweet, alan!