Monday, November 13, 2006

i am the TRUE Wonder Woman!!!

I know some of you will be thinking "What the 'hey? Halloween is long past - what's this all about?" - so, perhaps an explanation is in order. As well as responding to claybethelridge's claim that HE is the True wonder woman, i also had an interesting realization about myself last week.

I came to the conclusion that part of the reason for the terrible "rut" i am in now is because i seem to have lost touch with my "Intrinsic Self" - with the onslaught of "life" and all the stresses and woes that come with it, i seem to have temporarily mis-placed that fun-filled, energetic, motivated, creative person that i was during the time that this photo was taken. So part of this Post is also for myself, to connect back to that time when i knew that anything is possible, all obstacles can be pushed aside, i CAN realize my own destiny...and i just needed something material to remind me of that.








(circa 1977)











and here i have let my hair grow long (circa 1979)

An imposter (Clay i think) has been making claims that he is the True Wonder Woman, and i must therefore advise him to cease and desist from making such claims; he is just an imposter!

19 comments:

Meow (aka Connie) said...

You look amazing in that costume.
Have a great week.
Take care, Meow

dragonflyfilly said...

thanks *Meow* - i felt amazing, and i carried this hilarious lasoo - it was an old piece of bright yellow nylon rope - which i used to "lasoo" in my "prey" for the evening fun! - i decided to work on a costume for next year - as i have long since "outgrown" the one is the photo...

cheers for now,
pj

jumpinginpuddles said...

LMAO obviously neither of you have ever met me IAM THE TRUE WONDER WOMAN ;)

dragonflyfilly said...

oh yeah, well, prove it! heh heh heh heh heh!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

"You can fight the force of evil,
With the power you possess"

That was an excellent costume.

Looking forward to the film next year.

Mz.Elle said...

CLEARLY,you are the real Wonder woman!
geesh,some people;p
lol
You look great!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed strolling through your blog! Thanks for your candid posts.
Peace-
Britt

dragonflyfilly said...

*chuckle* - yep, mon Kapitano i'm looking forward to the film too, do you have any idea who the actress is who will be portraying me?

...and i am busy right now devising a plan to "beef" up the arms (and legs heh heh) to continue the Good Fight....ONWARD!

hey britany; a new face over here at the Hideway, thanks for stopping by, and i was just thinking this morning that i should be a bit more controversial, what do you think?; yes or no? - Peace to you too...

i shall be popping over to visit everyone when i come back from my walk - the rain seems to have abated for awhile so i want to take advantage of that.

heh heh heh! yes, Thanks! ms.I well, they do say the sincerest form of compliment is imitation, so....what can i say?

nameste etc, to everyone
pj

Smalltown RN said...

WOW!!! what a hottie!!! hope you had fun. we are kinda of like neighbours...I live on the island now,but I use to live in Burnaby.

I have visited your site before but it was sometime ago. Glad I came back.

Cheers!

dragonflyfilly said...

hi Mary RN, nice to hear from you again! -- i used to live in Burnaby too --

chat soon,
nameste etc,
pj

puhpaul said...

If you really are the Real Wonder Woman, would you fly up to Prince Rupert and take my for a ride in your invisible plane?

paul

Belizegial said...

I do agree, mon cher, that you are the true Wonder Woman :)

By the way, I seem to recall a time too when all things were possible and no mountain was too high to climb, etc.

Tis time to climb into my little time machine and be transported back to those glory days. Thanks for the reminder.

Saludos~
Enid

dragonflyfilly said...

~~puhpaul~~

wait for it, here i come!

dragonflyfilly said...

hey there ~~enid~~ nice to hear from you again....yes, sometimes we do need to be reminded...i don't know we do it, but we do seem to lose the energy...so concentrate, and believe that anything is possible!

cheers and love and light
pj

alan said...

You've never ceased to make me wonder, my sweet!

Now, about that lasso...!

alan

dragonflyfilly said...

*heh heh heh*, have you seen Oprah lately, re: Baby Talk?

what are you wondering my dear alan?

yeah, what about the lasso? (thanks for the correct spelling) - mine is made of good old Canadian Nylon, nice and strong...a little bit of bondage is all in fun you know, 007 doesn't have ALL the fun you know!

trinitystar said...

Glad you came across the photographs ... it has made you remember that life is about having fun.

Have a wonderful day.
:o)

Anonymous said...

What a hotty!!!

dragonflyfilly said...

INDEED!!!! heh heh