Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Dreaming -- July 3, 2006



I'm in Victoria, and I'm trying to find the Tax Department. It is raining and I am getting soaked. A tall, fat, blond man in a beige suit says he will help me, but the more he sorts through my papers the more muddled up they get, and his help turns into a terrible hindrance. I am getting very anxious and tell him i will just "be on my way", but he does not want to let me go. Then we are in a sort of enclosed yard, and we are joined by a young woman with dark hair. She seems very sinister and I try to get away, but they seem to have me captive. She says she wants to eat my pancreas. I become greatly fearful and then she pinches me really hard on both my hips -- at first i am very frightened -- and she pinches me again and it is very painful, but then i realized that is just what she wants, she wants me to be frightened. She seems to gain strength from my fears -- so i tell myself to relax, to flow with the pain, to embrace my impending doom -- and as i do so, she looses her power over me, and they both seem to disolve - then i wake up, but the dream has left me feeling very disturbed.

6 comments:

starbender said...

I don't blame U--I hate dreams like that!
I have a reoccurring dream that makes me feel edgy all day....

:o

alan said...

Sometimes I'm glad I seldom have dreams I remember...

Other times I wonder what I'm dreaming that I don't want to remember!

Double edged swords...like so much of life.

I can't imagine what any of it means, but I'm thinking of you!

alan

Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's a dream that could be open to interpretation. Are there dark-haired women who put pressure on you?

dragonflyfilly said...

hi Jean-Luc, yes, well, maybe, that was after income tax time i still had not filed mine, or maybe i had just filed it, and last year my friend helped me file, but i had just had a fight with her so maybe there was some anxiety around that?

hi alan; i think it is quite common that men do not remember their dreams...hmmmmm? i wonder if that is significant...i love to dream, but last night i had another really weird dream, which kind of made sence.

hi starbender, thanks for visiting my blog...yeah, i hate those recurring dreams, i used to have one up until about 10 years ago, but i think whatever the underlying issue was is now resolved.

Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

Dear PJ

It is amazing the power fear can have on us - asleep or awake...
Often I find myself in it's grips and if I give it as serious thought - as you did in the dream - the "paralysis" immediately becomes "manageable" action... just a slight shift in thought!

Hope you are feeling better and were able to locate the source of the anxiety that played out fro resolution that night...

Joy to you
-.a.-

dragonflyfilly said...

yep, you are so right...and i read recently in "emotional Intelligence" the importance of journalizing and putting down in writing our fears...so i think that by posting a Blog comment about it might have helped to dissipate it somewhat;- well, also, actually FILING my tax return might have had something to do riddding me of the anxiety as well!! HAH HAH! - well, thanks for stopping by "angeldust"