Saturday, March 25, 2006


As i blogged, i was listening to Eric Clapton's "When I look Into My Father's Eyes" -- i felt compelled to get up and look out the window at the clouds. In the distance i saw some birds riding the air currents ... they looked like they may be crows pretending to be hawks, so i ran and got my binoculars to get a better look; they were not crows, but they were moving higher up and farther away, and i could not discern whether they were hawks or teen-age eagles. So then i decided to do this post, and scanned the old photo of my dad and focused in on his eyes - i was so amazed to see how different his eyes look without his nose and mouth, and the rest of his face!!! WOW - and even as i edit and begin to publish this i feel something shifting in me....very interesting.... and it is o.k.

8 comments:

jumpinginpuddles said...

its amazing how eyes can tell a different story without the face isnt it

dragonflyfilly said...

yes, JiP and also interesting how people's eyes change according to their mood and the health!

Belizegial said...

PJ, good morning! It seems to be the case that the only time I can check the blogs these days is early in the am when I can't sleep, heheh.

I am glad to report that the Chronicles of Narnia has finally reached the theaters over here AND my cousin from LA (los angeles) will be bringing me a recently released DVD copy. So I will report back to you on how it went for me.

The weather is mighty fine over here as we are heading into the Easter holidays. Surprisingly though tonight is chilly which is a rarity down here. Oh well, gives me a chance to snuggle down into my comforter.

Enjoy this day PJ and talk to you soon again.

Enid

dragonflyfilly said...

hi Enid,
thanks for dropping by, nice to see you after so long. We had a lovely warm day yesterday, went for a long walk and was too hot with my jacket; saw most people walking around in tops with no sleeves. today it is raining. oh well. Yeah, i saw yesterday that they have released the DVD, so i might get it for my daughter. i'm sure you will enjoy it.
more later,
pj

alan said...

I inherited the family slide trays at New Year's and have been going through some of them along with some other photos for Photo Sunday entries. As I do, seeing some of them for the first time in years I see lots of things I didn't notice or remember at the time, even in things that I shot...

Glad things are OK!

alan

mckait said...

hey pj

this is a very compelling photo..

it is clear that you love your family so very much!

goodness for you all!

heiresschild said...

pj dahling,

*LOL* i love that pic of you. it makes me think of the old black & white movies when the lady would have a cigarette in her hand in one of those long cigarette holders saying, "dahling."

eyes do tell a story. isn't there a saying that "the eyes are the window to the soul?"

we are having beautiful 70 degree weather here. absolutely love it. i hope spring is here to stay until we move on into summer.

hope all is well in your world. chat later "dahling".

sylvia

dragonflyfilly said...

hey all Blogging Bods, thanks for stopping by, check out my recent post for info on Bald Eagle cam on Hornby Island, babies due in April!!! how exciting is that??