Tuesday, February 14, 2006


"I have learned not to worry about love; but to honour its coming with all my heart"

- Alice Walker




another tribute to love


A Troubador's Song

"So throught he eyes love attains the heart.

For the eyes are the scouts of the heart.
And the eyes go reconnoitering for what it would please the heart to possess.

And when they are in full accord and firm all three in one resolve,
at that time perfect love is born from what the eyes have made welcome to the heart.

For as all true loves know, love is perfect kindness which is born, there is not doubt, from the heart and the eyes."

- from Joseph Campbell's Power of Myth, Love and the Goddess.


7 comments:

heiresschild said...

hi pj,

that's a beautiful picture. looks like a heart as a music note. very creative.

so, what'd you do today on st. valentine's day? did you have your single friends over?

Dr Dork said...

I like the Alice Walker quote,

Regards
Dork

dragonflyfilly said...

Hi Sylvia,
exactly, yes, the heart is a musical note - it's kind of my signature - i have a rubber stamp that i use on cards, and this Neon sign is on my balcony.[it's a Love Note,get it?...love note]

no singles here...i have been busy for the past few days trying to finish a project for my mom, so i forgot all about Valentines until yesterday morning, so i just ordered in a yummy pizza with mediterraen salad for myself.

dd, yes, that quote is one of my faves, which i keep on my fridge.

cheers for now,
pj

mckait said...

I love Alice WAlker..
The Temple of My Familiar is my favorite... '

hugs
k

Mr. Death said...

Really nice. ;) I like the sky picture...Lance was gazing over my shoulder when I was looking at it, and now has "rediscovered" his "life-long" dream of sky writing....so dumb.
Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!
JV

willemina said...

dr dork...nice pic...that'll get you some attention from the ladies! NOT!
You have a sense of humor and that's a very desirable quality so good for you!

willemina said...

PJ
I really like the Love Notes...
I've missed you on the blogs and hoping all is ok with you?